Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chicken and Potato Pancakes















Yes, you read that right!! I made chicken and potato pancakes! Everyone was skeptical, but now it is a favorite. They are easy to make too, which is my favorite thing about recipes.


Chicken and potato pancakes
2 cups instant pancake mix
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded colby, mont.jack cheese
1 cup refrigerated shredded hash browns
2 T butter
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
Country Gravy Mix (prepared)
1. Whisk together pancake mix and milk. Stir in chicken, cheeses, hash browns, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir just until blended.
2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake on a 350 degree lightly greased non stick skillet. Cook until edges done, then cook other side.
3. Serve with Country Gravy.
Note: I make 2 recipes that feeds 3 adults, 3 hungry teenage boys, 5 little girls, and a lot of leftovers for me during the week!
**Note: I can't take credit for this recipe. I found it in Sara's "Southern Living" January 2009 magazine.

No comments: